Come join us at our weekly story hour with new literary adventures for young children! 📚 On Monday, May 20th, we will be reading about animals! Perfect for ages 0 - 6 years old. 😃
Below is a list of some of the books we will be reading for story time on May 20th, along with brief descriptions of each book.
• The Skunk By Mac Barnett – “When a skunk first appears in the tuxedoed man's doorway, it's a strange but possibly harmless occurrence. But then the man finds the skunk following him, and the unlikely pair embark on an increasingly frantic chase through the city, from the streets to the opera house to the fairground. What does the skunk want?”
• Sea Rex By Molly Idle – “What could that be down in the sea? Is it a fish? A snail? A mermaid's tail? No, it's bigger than that . . . a LOT bigger . . .it's Sea Rex!” Join Cordelia and her cretacious companions as they spend a memorable day at the beach, as only dinosaurs can do!
• Big Bed for Giraffe By Michael Dahl – “Little Giraffe is too big for his crib and must move into a big bed. It's hard at first, but Little Giraffe soon finds out how comfy his new bed can be. Sweet dreams, Little Giraffe!”
• Not Quite Narwhal By Jessie Sima – “Born deep in the ocean, Kelp is not like the other narwhals and one day, when he spies a creature on land that looks like him, he learns why.”
• A Parade of Elephants By Kevin Henkes – “Up and down, over and under, through and around . . . five big and brightly colored elephants are on a mission. Where are they going? What will they do when they get there? It's a surprise!”
• Bruce’s Big Move By Ryan Higgins – “With four geese, three mice, and a very grumpy bear all crowded into one den, Bruce is ready for a new home.”
• Tiger and Badger By Emily Jenkins – “Tiger and Badger are best friends. Of course, sometimes even very best friends can get into disagreements --over a toy, or a chair, or even sharing some orange slices. But no matter what, after a bit of pouting and with the help of some very silly faces, they always make up.”